Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love, homophobia, & suicide

Songstress Marsha Ambrosius, formerly of Floetry, puts a spotlight on love, homophobia, and suicide with Far Away. This song is part of Ambrosius' debut solo album Late Nights & Early Mornings. Ambrosius closes her music video for Far Away with a poignant personal message.

Dear Friends:

Every year over one million people commit suicide. Some were bullied because of their sexuality. I lost a friend to suicide, and I’m asking all of you to support alternative lifestyles. Don’t put up with or join in with bullying. It’s time we become more aware in this world. Take responsibility to make a difference. So if my music can save one life, I’ve done my job. I love you all so much.

- Marsha


Far Away

H/T Son of Baldwin

No comments:

Post a Comment